We’ve been livin’ la vida boater for eight months now!
Naturally this means I now know absolutely everything there is to know about boating, including how to tell when you are (or are not) a boater.
Do you suspect you might be a boater? Check my list to find out.
2. Answering the question ‘Where do you live?’ always results in an hour-long conversation.
3. Coal fire season kicks in and suddenly your idea of ‘clean’ is not like other people’s idea of ‘clean’.
4. Your idea of speeding is also a bit different from other people’s idea of speeding.
5. You can always tell when Winter Is Coming.
You know you’re a normal person if you realise that winter is coming when you step out of the front door and see your breath in the air for the first time that year.
You know you’re a boater if you realise that winter is coming when you wake up in bed and see your breath in the air for the first time that year.
6. In fact, you are far more in tune with the weather in general. Particularly when it’s windy.
7. Annoying neighbours are a thing of the past.
8. ‘Moving house’ takes on a whole new meaning.
9. Trees suddenly become even more attractive than they were before.
10. You’re considering being really naughty in the lead-up to Christmas because you could really do with the coal.
11. You have, at some point, worried about both paper cuts and rat urine in the same sentence.
12. Much of your life revolves around poo.
13. You have become really good at fixing things for yourself.
14. You have also become really adept at looking like you know what you’re doing when actually you have no idea what you’re doing.
15. Lastly, you know precisely how it feels to both completely hate and utterly love where you live at exactly the same time.